2020 UK Training
HEAT FLOW AND THERMAL EXPANSION
This not-to-be-missed online training course on Heat Flow and Thermal Expansion was hosted on Microsoft Teams, broken down into a number of sessions. The sessions were organised by Sam Franklin using the content from our incredibly popular 2016 course.
Refractory materials are used to provide containment for high temperature processes. An understanding of how heat flows through a refractory lining and the thermal expansion of the refractory lining is critical to safe and effective design and operation of process plant.
This course provided a working knowledge of the calculation of thermal gradients and thermal expansion allowances and was aimed at personnel who design linings and select and specify materials of construction. No knowledge of refractory materials was required.
- What is Thermal Conductivity and Thermal Expansion
- Thermal Gradient Calculation and Heat Transfer
- Thermal Expansion Calculation and Allowance
- Application of Thermal Calculations
The course was made up of lecture sessions as well as problem-solving for individuals or small groups which will reinforce the key points.
- Part 1: Tuesday 8th September 10.00am – 12.30pm GMT
- Part 2: Wednesday 9th September 10.00am – 12.30pm GMT
The online training course, using Microsoft Teams was FREE OF CHARGE, but registration was essential.