2020 UK Conference
Refractory materials are used to provide containment for high temperature processes. An understanding of how heat flows through a refractory lining and the thermal expansion of the refractory lining is critical to safe and effective design and operation of process plants.
This course provided a working knowledge of the calculation of thermal gradients and thermal expansion allowances and was aimed at personnel who design linings and select and specify materials of construction. No knowledge of refractory materials was required.
- What is Thermal Conductivity and Thermal Expansion
- Thermal Gradient Calculation and Heat Transfer
- Thermal Expansion Calculation and Allowance
- Application of Thermal Calculations
The course was made up of lecture sessions as well as problem-solving for individuals and small groups reinforcing the key points.
- Part 1: Tuesday 8th September 10.00 – 12.30 GMT
- Part 2: Wednesday 9th September 10.00 – 12.30 GMT
The online training course, using Microsoft Teams was FREE OF CHARGE, but registration was essential.