The training day will be held on Thursday 10 November 2022 in Sheffield. The day will look at various aspects of refractory engineering in relation to energy saving including:
• The use of insulation to reduce energy loss,
• Low thermal mass linings for increasing operational efficiency
• The use of thermal calculations
The day will feature exercises by renowned experts in the field and small group exercises.
The day will be of use to anyone who works with insulating refractory materials. Some prior knowledge of refractory materials will be assumed.
The preliminary schedule is:
• Welcome and introduction by IRE President
• Introduction to insulation refractories
• Types of insulation materials and their uses
• Thermal modelling and heat flow
• Low thermal mass linings