The conference day will be held on Wednesday 9th November 2022 in Sheffield. AGM starting at 09:00 and conference starting at 09:30. Venue is The Mowbray, 118 Mowbray St, Neepsend, Sheffield S3 8EN. Online attendance is also being provided. Lunch will be included for those attending in person. Annual Conference Programme (Arrival: 09:00 for a 09.30 start, close of conference is at 16:00).
• Chris Parr, Imerys, ‘The evolution of sustainable refractory raw materials, from end user needs to industrial reality’
• Andreas Mertke, Dalmia GSB
• Break and networking
• Novacast, ‘Getting it right first time, simulation of a melting process – every casting counts’
• Rob Flello, new Chief Executive from the British Ceramic Confederation
• Lunch and networking
• Presenting the President
• Sebastien Klaus, Almatis, ‘Mission NeutrAL: a sustainable commitment’
• Jon Bolton, ‘Supporting a move to green steel’
• Christian Wolf, Velco
• Phil Walls, ‘A review of recent developments in refractory materials and forming processes.
60th Diamond Anniversary Dinner 7pm- 11pm with dress code being smart/business Casual (no jeans or trainers). Special Guest Speaker is John Pearce, Chief Executive from Made in Britain with entertainment from The Bowkers.
Training Day – The Role of Refractories in Achieving Energy Saving. The training day will be held on Thursday 10 November 2022 in Sheffield. Venue is The Mowbray, 118 Mowbray St, Neepsend, Sheffield S3 8EN. Online attendance is also being provided. Lunch will be included for those attending in person.
The training day will be held on Thursday 10 November 2022 in Sheffield commencing at 9:30am. The day will look at various aspects of refractory engineering in relation to energy saving including the use of insulation to reduce energy loss, low thermal mass linings for increasing operational efficiency and the use of thermal calculations.
The day will feature exercises by renowned experts in the field and small group exercises. The day will be of use to anyone who works with insulating refractory materials. Some prior knowledge of refractory materials will be assumed. The schedule is:
• 09:30 – Welcome by IRE President
• 09:35 – Introduction
• 09:55 – Types of Insulation with Sam Franklin
• 10:40 – Break with Coffee & Tea
• 11:00 – Heat Flow Calculation with Ian Spicer
• 11:40 – Group Exercises
• 12:25 – Lunch
• 13:25 – Exercise feedback
• 13:35 – Low thermal mass linings
• 14:35 – Testing for Thermal Properties with Philip Walls
• 15:15 – Closing comments
• 15:30 – Close
ire #institute #refractories #engineers #conference #training